What are cookies?
Site Administrator Cookies
Technical Cookies (2)
The Site uses only “technical” cookies, such as navigation or session cookies, functionality cookies and analytical cookies.
- Navigation or Session Cookies
Specifically, navigation or session cookies are used to ensure the normal navigation and fruition of the website; hence, their goal is to optimize navigation and make it functional within the site.
- Functionality Cookies
Functionality cookies are used only to provide the services expressly requested by the user.
- Analytical Cookies
Lastly, we have the analytical cookies, used only by the Site Administrator, to collect information, in an aggregate and anonymous way, about the number of users and how users visit the site.
There are no profiling cookies used by the Site Administrator or third parties.
- Profiling Cookies (1 e 4)
The Site uses its own profiling cookies, i.e. cookies aimed at creating users’ profiles, in order to send them adverts based on the preferences shown by the individual user that navigates the Site.
Third Party Cookies
- Third Party Service Analysis Cookies
These cookies are used to collect information in an anonymous form on the way users use the Site, such as visited pages; time spent on the site; traffic origin; geographical origin; age; sex and interests for marketing purposes. These cookies are sent by third party domains outside the Site.
- Cookies Integrating Third Party Software Products and Functions
This type of cookies integrates functions developed by third paties within the site pages such as icons and the preferences expressed on social networks to share the site contents or use the software services of third parties (like the software to create maps and other software that offers additional services). These cookies are sent by third party domains and partner sites that offer their functions on the pages of the Site.
- Profiling Cookies
These cookies are sent by third parties, via our Site, because they are necessary to create user profiles in order to send advertising material according to the preferences expressed by the user.
Cookie Installation /disinstallation. The Browser’s Options
The user can oppose the uploading of cookies on his/her device by configuring the browser he/she uses for navigation: if the user uses the Site without changing the browser settings presupposes that he/she intends to receive all the cookies used by the Site and use all the functionalities.
We remind that the user can prevent the use of some or all of the above-described cookies by configuring the browser used for navigation, and specifically:
(1) According to the general instruction of the Privacy Authority dated May 8, 2014, if the Site Administrator or also third parties load profiling cookies, they must also provide a “short” preliminary information note contained in a popup banner on the home page (or on other pages wherefrom the user can access the site) that summarizes basic information accompanied by an explicit request of consent to their use for profiling purposes. The information that the “short” note must contain is:
a) the indication of the use by the Site Administrator of profiling cookies;
b) if applicable, that the site allows the use of such profiling cookies also by third parties;
c) the link to the “full’ information document;
d) the indication that, through the full information document, the user can deny the installation of any (all or some of them) cookies;
e) the indication that, by continuing the navigation, the user gives his/her consent, necessary for profiling. The Privacy Authority has prepared a “short” information form.
The uploading of technical cookies to “track” the data treatment consent through profiling cookies already given by the user by keeping browsing, allows preventing that – during the following visits by the same user – the “short” information note is displayed again.
The instructions of the mandatory general provision must be implemented by June 3, 2015.
(2) The code identifies these cookies (which are not subject to consent or preventive notification) as cookies “aimed solely at sending a communication via an electronic communication network, or in the measure strictly necessary for the provider of a service of the information company expressly requested by the contractor or by the user to provide such service” (art. 122, par. 1 of the privacy code).
(3) If, following the acceptance, you use the specific service, “Google analytics”, since cookies are not directly used by the Site Administrator, you must inform the users that “the data acquired via Google analytics can also be used by Google, according to the service terms set by the latter”. In any case, for technical and analytical cookies, the user’s consent is not necessary.
(4) The profiling cookies are cookies that, by determining “the storage of information in the terminal device of a contractor or user, or the access to previously stored information, are allowed only on condition that the contractor or user has given his/her consent after being informed pursuant to article 13, paragraph 3”. Therefore, the use of profiling cookies by the Site Administrator requires, in addition to the information to the user (art. 13 of the privacy code, whose omission is sanctioned pursuant to art. 161 of the code), also the acquisition of the consent (art. 23 of the code): in the case of failing to acquire the user’s consent, the violation is sanctioned (art. 162 bis of the code). Moreover, the presence of such profiling cookies requires the administrator’s obligation tp previously notify the relevant Privacy Authority (art. 37, par. 1, letter d, of the privacy code; the omission is sanctioned pursuant to art.163 of the code).
(5) The general provision on cookies (point 4.2) requires the “full” information to report the links to the information and consent of third parties with which the Site Administrator has entered into agreements, or to the sites of intermediaries (such as advertising agencies) between the Site Administrator and third parties. To use Google analytics, you must link to Google’s specific information page: www.google.it/policies/privacy/partners/.